Am 02.03.2011 00:45, schrieb Nicolas: > Hello, > > Rainer Stengele writes: > >> * headline >> - item >> TEXT >> ^ >> >> cursor on first "T" of "TEXT" and pressing "TAB" I got: >> >> * headline >> - item >> TEXT >> >> nowadays I get >> >> * headline >> - item >> TEXT >> I checked the org-*indent* variables but could not find a matching variable. >> How can I configure the old behaviour? > You can set `org-list-ending-method' to 'regexp, meaning that you will > need to provide two blank lines (that's configurable though, see > `org-empty-line-terminates-plain-lists' and `org-list-end-regexp') to end > a list. > > Otherwise, lists are determined by indentation, so, in your example, > TEXT end the list as it is less indented than any of its items. Thus, > when pressing TAB, Org indent the line accordingly, that is as a line > belonging to the headline but not to the list. > > Also note that, if TEXT isn't already typed, you can use C-j after > "item" to stay inside list and go on typing. > > Regards, > Hello Nicolas, ok, thanks, I checked all that but could not find a setting that makes sense for me. I do not understand why when pressing TAB being at point ^: - item ^ results in - item ^ but having - item TEXT ^ and pressing TAB results in - item TEXT ^ How can I get the indentation same as with empty lines? -- Rainer