* inserting images in HTML export
@ 2011-02-21 23:26 Julian Burgos
From: Julian Burgos @ 2011-02-21 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Dear list,

Here is another of my newbie questions.

As many others, I´m exploring ways to export my nice org-mode document
(with R code that generates output and graphs) into word or open
office.  My colleagues do not use org mode or LaTex, so I need to
generate a word or open office document .  It doesn´t have to be
pretty, as it is only for reviewing purposes, but needs to include all
figures and tables.

It seems that the easiest way to go is to export HTML and read it
directly with Word.  My only problem is that I cannot figure out how
to make org mode generate an HTML document with the figures embedded
in it.  Instead, I get hyperlinks to the figures.  I´ve tried adding
this to my emacs file:

(setq org-export-html-inline-images t)

but had no luck.

Here is an example on how I am inserting the images in my org-mode
file.  When exporting to LaTex everything works fine.

#+CAPTION: Estimated effects of bottom type and Modiolus on Actinaria abundance.
#+LABEL: fig:Acgam
#+ATTR_LaTeX: width=14cm
[[./images/Actinaria_gamplots.pdf]]

Many thanks for any guidance,

--
Julian Mariano Burgos
Hafrannsóknastofnunin/Marine Research Institute

* Re: inserting images in HTML export
@ 2011-02-21 23:31 ` Erik Iverson
From: Erik Iverson @ 2011-02-21 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julian Burgos; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

I think this is simply because you're generating a PDF, which
can't really be displayed 'in html'.  Try generating a bitmap
format such as PNG.  That should work!