* convert orgmode to docx
@ 2011-02-18 20:00 Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2011-02-18 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I wonder, if anyone tried to convert orgmode to docx format yet!?
Do you think it would be straight forward to use the python docx module
for this?

https://github.com/mikemaccana/python-docx

Or maybe it is easier to implement this directly using lisp...!?

Would be great if this works out!?

Best Regards!
Fabian

* Re: convert orgmode to docx
@ 2011-02-19 11:05 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-19 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabian Braennstroem; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Fabian,

Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:

> I wonder, if anyone tried to convert orgmode to docx format yet!?

Please see Jambunathan's announce here:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/36781

You can then convert .odt to .docx from OpenOffice/LibreOffice.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: convert orgmode to docx
@ 2011-02-19 11:35   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-02-19 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr> writes:

> Hi Fabian,
>
> Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> I wonder, if anyone tried to convert orgmode to docx format yet!?
>
> Please see Jambunathan's announce here:
>
>   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/36781
>
> You can then convert .odt to .docx from OpenOffice/LibreOffice.

The above instructions assumes that you are comfortable using git. If
you are not comfortable using git you can try downloading a snapshot
from:

http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/org-jambu.git

(search for snapshot in the above web page)

Jambunathan K.

* Re: convert orgmode to docx
@ 2011-02-20 13:08     ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2011-02-20 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

looks quite nice! Thanks to you both!

Fabian
On 02/19/2011 12:35 PM, Jambunathan K wrote:

> Bastien<bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr>  writes:
>
>> Hi Fabian,
>>
>> Fabian Braennstroem<f.braennstroem@gmx.de>  writes:
>>
>>> I wonder, if anyone tried to convert orgmode to docx format yet!?
>> Please see Jambunathan's announce here:
>>
>>    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/36781
>>
>> You can then convert .odt to .docx from OpenOffice/LibreOffice.
>
> The above instructions assumes that you are comfortable using git. If
> you are not comfortable using git you can try downloading a snapshot
> from:
>
> http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/org-jambu.git
>
> (search for snapshot in the above web page)
>
> Jambunathan K.

* Re: convert orgmode to docx
@ 2011-02-20 13:11     ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2011-02-20 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Oh, one question... does this mean, it would be easier to use the
orgmode-version for everything or can I just add your odt-implementation
to my existing orgmode installation!?
Thanks! Fabian

On 02/19/2011 12:35 PM, Jambunathan K wrote:
> Bastien<bastien.guerry@wikimedia.fr>  writes:
>
>> Hi Fabian,
>>
>> Fabian Braennstroem<f.braennstroem@gmx.de>  writes:
>>
>>> I wonder, if anyone tried to convert orgmode to docx format yet!?
>> Please see Jambunathan's announce here:
>>
>>    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/36781
>>
>> You can then convert .odt to .docx from OpenOffice/LibreOffice.
>
> The above instructions assumes that you are comfortable using git. If
> you are not comfortable using git you can try downloading a snapshot
> from:
>
> http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/org-jambu.git
>
> (search for snapshot in the above web page)
>
> Jambunathan K.

* Re: Re: convert orgmode to docx
@ 2011-02-22 11:32       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-22 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabian Braennstroem; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Fabian,

Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:

> Oh, one question... does this mean, it would be easier to use the
> orgmode-version for everything or can I just add your odt-implementation to
> my existing orgmode installation!?

for now you would have to use two repositories: one with current Org's
functionalities, another one with odt export plus and old Org version.

Jambunathan and I are working on integrating this, but it's not as
straightforward as it might look.

We'll keep you posted, thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: convert orgmode to docx
@ 2011-02-22 18:37         ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2011-02-22 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

thanks for the info!
Do you have a hint, how I could do the export in batchmode from the
console in Linux?

Best Regards!
Fabian

@ 2011-02-26 16:23           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-26 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabian Braennstroem; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Fabian,

Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:

> Do you have a hint, how I could do the export in batchmode from the console
> in Linux?

What did you try?

--
 Bastien

* Re: convert orgmode to docx
@ 2011-04-29  5:33           ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-04-29  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabian Braennstroem; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi Bastien,
>
> thanks for the info!
> Do you have a hint, how I could do the export in batchmode from the
> console in Linux?

You can use the following to convert from org to odt (with suitable
changes to the -L option).

  emacs --batch -L "~/src/org-jambu/lisp" --eval "(progn (require 'org-odt) (setq org-export-headline-levels 3) (toggle-debug-on-error))" --visit=draftcopy.org --funcall org-export-as-odt-batch

ps: Refer http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#convert-to-open-office

Jambunathan K.