From: Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com>
To: Erik Hetzner <egh@e6h.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [ANN] Zotero for plain text (including org-mode)
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 12:27:32 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi, Erik,

Now I've got it working. Not sure what the problem was yesterday.

I can insert a Zotero link with `C-c z i', but it's very touch and go
-- sometimes it's inserted, sometimes nothing happens, most of the
time I don't get a description part, and `C-c z u' doesn't necessarily
work, though sometimes it does.

Below is an excerpt from the MozRepl buffer. Much of the time, though,
there is no error message, just multiplying "repl>" prompts.

So on a quick test drive, it's not as stable as I'd like. Otherwise, I
think zotero-plain could be a boon for Org-mode and Zotero users. We
already could insert Zotero links just as easily with Scott Campbell's
ZotSelect translator
(http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/8306/testing-zoteroselect/). But
with the added updating of formatted bibliography items, zotero-plain
has the makings of a full solution.

My own preference has been to export my Zotero collections to BibTeX
and insert citations with Reftex (fast and minimally disruptive to the
writing flow, as long as all the needed references are already
collected.) But it's good to have an alternative.

Yours,
Christian

PS. I may mail you separately about the reST components -- that's
off-topic here, I guess.