Using org 6.25e: Automatically resuming the clock after an Emacs restart fails under the following cases: 1. If org-log-states-order-reversed set to t (default), and a state change line precedes the clock line to resume. Error message is "Cannot restart clock because task does not contain unfinished clock". Example: *** STARTED test :LOGBOOK: - State "STARTED" from "TODO" [2009-04-09 Thu 13:50] CLOCK: [2009-04-09 Thu 13:50] :END: Reason: point is placed at start of state change line and so fails looking-at test (org-clock.el:345). Possible solution appears to be to use the existing function org-skip-over-state-notes when looking for the clock line to resume at org-clock.el:343. 2. If org-log-states-order-reversed set to nil. Error message is the same. Reason: point is placed *after* last clock line and so fails looking-at test. Possible solution: test order-reversed and back up one clock entry before looking-at test. I have combined these two ideas into a new function (patch attached). I don't imagine I've handled all of the possible configurations of state change entries, log entries, and clock lines, in and out of drawers, so this will probably serve more as a basis for a solution than a solution itself. (If nothing else, on org-clock.el:346 there's "\\t" where it should be "\t".) Adam