From: Rick Moynihan <rick@calicojack.co.uk>
To: sebastian_rose@gmx.de
Cc: "[emacs-orgmode]" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: org-info.js - new version with tags index
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:04:47 +0100	[thread overview]

Sebastian Rose wrote:
> Hello list,
>

> Rick Moynihan requested a table of contents sorted by tags
> (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2008-07/msg00434.html).
> The new version on http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git provides a the
> shortcut 'C' to show such an index:
>

> Tag1
>    - Headline with tag1
>    - Another headline with tag1 and tag2
>
> Tag2
>    - Headline with tag2
>    - Another headline with tag1 and tag2

Excellent!  Thanks for this, it works great!  My only issue is that the
tags in the table, don't look like links, or look clickable.  Admitedly
this only becomes an issue when others are browsing a file published
with org-info.js.

Also it would be handy to be able to hyperlink directly to this (and the
other table of contents).

> There is no inheritance though. As for the most cases, the links
> lead to the local toc showing all subsections. Maybe inheritance
> should be an option?

I personally don't tend to use inheritance a lot, but I can see how it
could be useful.

On an unrelated topic, what struck me as interesting was how similar
org-info.js is to s5 (the XHTML/CSS/js) presentation format.  I did
mention this briefly here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/2668/focus=7656

I took a look at what would be required to re-style
org-info.js/org-publish files like s5; and it looked possible but my
XHTML/CSS/js skills are a little rusty.

What do you think it would take to modify org-info.js into a
presentation format like s5?  Writing presentations in org-mode and then
publishing to XHTML/org-info.js seems like a great idea, and it strikes
me that org-info.js is already pretty close.

I'm not entirely sure what s5 offers that this combination doesn't, but
it seems to largely be around ensuring that slides are scaled to fit
into the browser-window, rather than scrolling, and that the slides are
styled more minimally and a little more like a powerpoint file.

Thanks again for your hard work!!

R.