From: Rick Moynihan <rick@calicojack.co.uk>
To: Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de>
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Hyperlinked Tag table in org-publish HTML export
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 12:45:09 +0100	[thread overview]

Sebastian Rose wrote:
 > Hi Rick,
 >

 > I don't seem to understand your aim precisely. How should this
 > navigation look like in HTML?
 >
 > If we had a 'tag cloud' or a tag index - where should the link 'TAG'
 > point to? There could be multiple headlines in the file using that tag
 > 'TAG'.

Sorry, I should have been clearer... What I was meaning was a table of
contents but organised by tags (perhaps in alphabetical order) e.g.

1.0
   FIXED Compiler warnings
2.0
   BUG project crashes on network failure
2.1
   FEATUREREQUEST Add a new button to UI
2.3
   FEATUREREQUEST Add email support
3.0
   FEATUREREQUEST Support X,Y,Z
BUILD
   FIXED compiler warnings
DB
   BUGREPORT error thrown on data entry
   FEATUREREQUEST Support X,Y,Z
EMAIL
   FEATUREREQUEST Add email support
EXP
   FEATUREREQUEST Add email support
   FEATUREREQUEST Support X,Y,Z

etc...

Then each heading would link back to the tag in the table of contents,
so you could reasonably (2 clicks) easily jump to other items with that
same tag.  But I have just switched to your org-info-js, which is a
great piece of work!  And I think your idea of somehow dynamically
assembling a list of outlines that have a tag, would be ideal!

 > Did you realise the 'o' shortcut? This is in since two month or so.
 > http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js/
 > shows the current version.
 >
 > You may press 'o' and input a search string. The page changes to plain
 > view mode, folds all the sections, and unfolds those containig the
 > searchstring (caseinsensitive). The matches are highlighted.
 >
 > use 'SHIFT-s' and 'SHIFT-r' to traverse all the (sub)sections with
 > matches. These keys will still work, after doing somthing else again
 > (change the view mode, follow a link etc.).
 >
 > Occur and search ('s') use the same searchstring.

Yes, I've seen this and it's similar to what I regularly do with firefox
and type ahead find.  Very nice, but it doesn't quite seem to be the
same as a being able to easily navigate around tags.... Am I missing
something?

 > Have fun,

I already have been, and thanks again for org-info-js!

R.