Thank you very much for your message and the link. Does Org format produce the .texi format for TexInfo ?  I found the official reply here: https://orgmode.org/manual/Texinfo-export-commands.html Org format seams to be a top layer format to produce others formats. That seams to be a good reason to use Org format but in another way and in my opinion, just providing HTML format on the documentation web page for Gnu Org is a regression. Most of GNU documentations for others products provide an access to different formats on the same page. HTML is useful but it can't replace PDF format. On 02/12/2021 15:53, Kaushal Modi wrote: > On Thu, Dec 2, 2021, 8:08 AM Vincent Breton > > wrote: > > Hi, > > > Emacs and Emacs Org documentation, and lot of others GNU products use > Texinfo to generate their own  documentation to different formats. > > > The Org mode documentation switched to Org format few years > back: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/tree/doc/org-manual.org > > > Yes, originally, it was in Texinfo.