* change the state of a TODO into a defined "DONE" state when all checkboxes are checked
@ 2008-04-24 12:45 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2008-04-24 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I wonder if it would be possible to change the state of a TODO into a defined "DONE" state when all checkboxes are checked

I mostly add checkboxes to my TODOs as I
  mostly not only have to do what I do but also document it.
I often forget to switch the TODO
  to DONE after checking the last checkbox!

so changing from here

      * TODO Organize party [2/4]
        - [-] call people [1/3]
          - [ ] Peter
          - [X] Sarah
          - [ ] Sam
        - [X] order food
        - [ ] think about what music to play
        - [X] talk to the neighbors

to here

      * TODO Organize party [4/4]
        - [X] call people [1/3]
          - [X] Peter
          - [X] Sarah
          - [X] Sam
        - [X] order food
        - [X] think about what music to play
        - [X] talk to the neighbors

would automatically switch TODO to DONE.
Maybe configurable? Maybe the "done" state is configurable too?

Rainer

* Re: change the state of a TODO into a defined "DONE" state when all checkboxes are checked
@ 2008-04-29  8:16 ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2008-04-29  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

did this entry come with a magic cap?

Did I hurt the netiquette?

Just kidding.

Anybody?

Rainer

@ 2008-05-02  7:44 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-05-02  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

so far it has been the rule that Org does not change
anything in a headline fully automatically, maybe because
I personally do not like this.  Of course something like
this could be implemented - you are not the first to
request it.  However, the matter is murky in my head because
of the mixing between check boxes and TODO items, and it
is not fully clear to me how a clean interaction between
the two should look like.

- Carsten