On a related note, I have some emphasis formatting/cell width problems within tables. I have some custom emphasis alist along with hiding the emphasis markers defined so... '(org-emphasis-alist (quote (("*" bold "" "") ("/" italic "" "") ("_" underline "" "") ("=" org-code "" "" verbatim) ("~" org-verbatim "" "" verbatim) ("+" (:strike-through t) "" "") ("&" font-lock-keyword-face "" "") ("#" j-green-face "" "") ("^" j-highlight-face "" "")))) '(org-hide-emphasis-markers t) where j-green-face or essentially the default face with the color green etc. When I do an emphasis inside a table, the emphasis special characters would disappear and the correct formatting would appear on the word, however the right cell vertical divider character would get pulled in by 1 character. does not resize the table cell properly. I need to manually insert a space to move the divider to the right and then everything would work as expected. Just a minor annoyance.. Not sure if I explained the issue correctly... Jose Chris Randle wrote: > Hi > > I define an Emacs abbrev of, say, "hnbc" to exapand to "how now brown > cow", and then type "hnbc[space]" inside an org table cell. After it has > expanded it pushes the trailing cell divider away, even though the cell > width was adequate. Tabbing out of the cell doesn't re-fit the cell > divider - it stays "stuck" where it was after the expansion. > > It's slightly odd, because if I type lots of leading spaces before the > abbrev and then tab, org happily moves the expanded text back to the > beginning of the cell, but still doesn't move the trailing divider. > > C-c C-c fixes it, and also moving the cursor over to the trailing cell > divider and backspace one char and tab. > > Any other workarounds or suggestions? > >