* Misaligned Chinese text in column view
@ 2008-02-22 22:15 Wanrong Lin
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2008-02-22 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, Carsten,

Occasionally I use some Chinese text in my org files (I am a native
Chinese speaker), and I find that in column view lines with Chinese text
are misaligned, meaning those "|" dividers are off to the left by two
characters. With fixed width fonts, each Chinese character occupies the
space of two English characters, so the number fits well. :-)

In case you need some example Chinese text, here is a line.

* TODO 简体中文例子

This matter is really nothing important, but I guess as org-mode is so
good now, it is not that easy to raise really important issues. :-)

Thanks.

Wanrong

* Re: Misaligned Chinese text in column view
@ 2008-02-22 22:26 ` Wanrong Lin
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2008-02-22 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, Carsten,

After more careful measure of the Chinese character width, I found this
is most likely a font problem, not org's problem. Please ignore my last
post, and sorry for the noise.

Wanrong

Wanrong Lin wrote:
> Hi, Carsten,
>
> Occasionally I use some Chinese text in my org files (I am a native
> Chinese speaker), and I find that in column view lines with Chinese
> text are misaligned, meaning those "|" dividers are off to the left by
> two characters. With fixed width fonts, each Chinese character
> occupies the space of two English characters, so the number fits well.
> :-)
>
> In case you need some example Chinese text, here is a line.
>
> * TODO 简体中文例子
>
> This matter is really nothing important, but I guess as org-mode is so
> good now, it is not that easy to raise really important issues. :-)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Wanrong

* Suggestions on Org-table export-html
@ 2008-02-24 16:36 ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2008-02-24 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

When I use the org-table to export-html, I have two suggestions to make the CSS more flexiable (it already done a great job!)

The first one is for flexiable CSS:

The current code in html is:

It'll be flexiable to add another attribute  class="org-table", so that in the CSS file, we can treat these tables specifically. In this way, we'll be able to write in the CSS file like:

table.org-table th {
    background-color: #ECF1FF;
}

without affect the generic web table.

The second one is for cleaner view on the html table:

Currently, every row is start with <tr>, it'll be nice to have alternate row with class="alt":

Then, in the CSS file, we can use:
table tr { background: #e6e6e6;}
table tr.alt {background: #f1f1f1;}

The output html table will looks better then.

Thanks!

Xin

* Re: Suggestions on Org-table export-html
@ 2008-02-24 18:25   ` Phil Jackson
From: Phil Jackson @ 2008-02-24 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Xin,

Xin Shi <xs32@cornell.edu> writes:

> When I use the org-table to export-html, I have two suggestions to
> make the CSS more flexiable (it already done a great job!)

[...]

It looks like I'll be doing the HTML exporter for the new engine so I've
jotted down your points.

Thanks,
Phil
--
 Phil Jackson
 http://www.shellarchive.co.uk

* Re: Suggestions on Org-table export-html
@ 2008-02-24 19:30     ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2008-02-24 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Jackson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Phil,

Hah, I hope this won't consume you too much time :)

Thank you!

Xin