From: Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Highlighting Sparse Tree Leaves
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:19:07 -0500	[thread overview]

Using "PROJECT" as a TODO keyword certainly can work, however, my work
flow usually is first quickly mark anything that needs action with
"TODO" and later I may add more sub-items to it. Following this approach
I will need to remember to change "TODO" to "PROJECT" once a TODO item
starts to have sub-items. Also, if all sub-actions of a "PROJECT" are
marked as "DONE", I need to remember to turn the "PROJECT" back to
"TODO", as I need the sparse tree to remind me to double check this
TODO/PROJECT item to see whether it is really all done, or I need to add
more sub-actions to it (and turn it back to "PROJECT" again).

As you can see, that is a lot of manually actions and mistakes can be
easily made. Maybe my workflow has some problem here, but I can not
think of anything else that works better. The difficulty to me is, an
item can be either PROJECT or TODO depending on how detailed your plan
is, which keeps changing.

I think if we can have the *option* of selecting a different face for
highlighting sparse tree leaves, the above can be solved elegantly. You
can still see the whole sparse tree, but the leaves will stand out.

Just trying to push my case a little bit. :-)   Thanks a lot.

Wanrong