Hi Nicolas, Thanks for the pointers. Taking your hint :P I took a look to see what I might be in for. With your comments in mind I started by looking at org-edit-special, and managed to get as far as org-element--current-element: but at this point I'm stumped. I'll look into getting FSF papers signed, it sounds like they may come in handy :) Timothy On May 19 2020, at 3:47 pm, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, Timothy writes: > I love the first-class LaTeX support in Org-mode, and discovering that org-edit-special worked inside LaTeX environments was a joyous moment for me. > Shortly after that though, I was disappoint to discover that this > didn't work with inline LaTeX equations \( … \) or LaTeX display > equations \[ … \]. If it would be possible to account for this form of > LaTeX too, that would be marvellous! Luckily, this is trivial to implement. One needs to write a `org-edit-latex-fragment' function in "org-src.el", which would be a mix between `org-edit-latex-environment' and `org-edit-inline-src-code' (without all the Babel stuff). The new function can then be installed in `org-edit-special' from "org.el". Unfortunately, no one so far volunteered to do it (*hint*). > First email to this mailing list, so please let me know if I'm not > quite following protocol or anything like that. Welcome! > I'm also a uni student a few weeks off from exams so I am not able to > really need to resist the urge to jump in and work on implementing > these ideas. I should have significantly more time late june though :) Great. For non-trivial (more than 15 locs) contributions to Org mode (and more generally, to GNU projects), you need to sign FSF papers. You might want to consider signing them beforehand. Regards, -- Nicolas Goaziou