Hi Eric, This is neat, but it doesn't directly address the problem posed by the OP. Currently, the LaTeX exporter uses \hline for all the horizontal rules in a table. Booktabs defines three rules of different thickness for use at the top of the table, after the column heads, and at the bottom of the table. So, one would want a function that let each of the rules take a different value. The default for each could be hline, giving the current behavior of the exporter. Francesco Pizzolante set this out nicely a while back: http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg18311.html in a message that Seb Vauban brought up in a slightly different context. All the best, Tom On Jun 27, 2010, at 7:09 PM, Eric Schulte wrote: > One way to deal with this without adding even more complexity to the > core of org-mode could be through the use of "Library of Babel" > functions. > > The attached org-mode file provides a function for exporting to the > longtable environment with some example usage. If this looks > generally > useful it (and maybe similar functions) could be added to the > library of > babel distributed w/Org-mode. > > What do you think? -- Eric > > > Sébastien Vauban writes: > >> Hi Erik, >> >> Erik Butz wrote: >>> I found a very old thread on the list about using the booktabs >>> package to >>> have nicer tables in latex export. >>> >>> I found that, making the changes below I can use the booktab >>> package to >>> export tables, and using standard tables only, this seems to work >>> fine. >>> >>> Can anyone advice on whether this kind of change is meaningful or >>> if this is >>> likely to introduce difficulties elsewhere which I did not >>> experience due to >>> the limited scope of usage? It should be said that I did not at >>> all look >>> into longtables so far. >> >> While trying to improve this, I think one could extend it so that >> the table >> environment can be changed as well, from `tabular' to `array', >> `tabular*', >> `tabularx' or any other. >> >> There was a discussion on this, a while ago, by Francesco >> Pizzolante. Have a >> read at: http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg18311.html >> . >> >> Best regards, >> Seb > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Please use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode