* org-log-done customization problem
@ 2006-10-04 18:44 Daniel J. Sinder
From: Daniel J. Sinder @ 2006-10-04 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Customization of org-log-done is lost when re-starting emacs.

E.g., in my .emacs file, I have [relevant portion only]
(custom-set-variables
 '(org-log-done (quote (done))))

But, when I re-start emacs, describe-variable on org-log-done
reports it simply as 't' and the new note-taking feature is
disabled.  If I re-set it to (done), the new feature works great
(thanks Carsten, this is exactly what I was looking for).  How do I
get the customization to stick?

Thanks,
Dan

* Re: org-log-done customization problem
@ 2006-10-05  5:47 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-10-05  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel J. Sinder; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I cannot reproduce this which means that your setup something must be
resetting this variable.  Possibilities:

- there is a (setq org-log-done t) still in .emacs
- You have toggled logging twice from the menu before using it.  This
   would set it to t - sort-of a bug, yes.
- #+STARTUP: nologging is in your buffer

Any of these?

- Carsten

On Oct 4, 2006, at 20:44, Daniel J. Sinder wrote:

> Customization of org-log-done is lost when re-starting emacs.
>
> E.g., in my .emacs file, I have [relevant portion only]
> (custom-set-variables
>  '(org-log-done (quote (done))))
>
> But, when I re-start emacs, describe-variable on org-log-done
> reports it simply as 't' and the new note-taking feature is
> disabled.  If I re-set it to (done), the new feature works great
> (thanks Carsten, this is exactly what I was looking for).  How do I
> get the customization to stick?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: org-log-done customization problem
@ 2006-10-05 17:19   ` Daniel J. Sinder
From: Daniel J. Sinder @ 2006-10-05 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Yup -- there was a repeat in my .emacs.  Time to start getting more
sleep.

Thanks,
Dan