On 10/19/06, Xiao-Yong Jin wrote: > > Hi, how do you usually format the text body? I found it frustrating > if I just want to paste something from somewhere else. > > > * List > 1. list > 2. list > 3. list > > indent-region doesn't seem to work very well except the list was > format as the way that there's no space before the bullet You probably want to look at filladapt. This provides ways to fill lists of various types. * QUOTE Carsten said > : blah blah blah... > : and blah blah blah... Something like this you can also handle by setting the prefix string (^X . is bound to set-fill-prefix) C-x . runs `set-fill-prefix' `set-fill-prefix' is an interactive compiled Lisp function -- loaded from "/usr/src/xemacs-21.4.19/.build/lisp/fill.elc" (set-fill-prefix) Documentation: Set the fill prefix to the current line up to point. Filling expects lines to start with the fill prefix and reinserts the fill prefix in each resulting line. -- Ed Hirgelt Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.