On 9/8/06, Alex Bochannek wrote: > > > It's OK to me if */foo/* means italic and bold (this is how Gnus > rendered your example), but */foo/bar* shouldn't. Markers, stacked or > otherwise, should come in symmetrical pairs. Nice example because there is a symmetric pair there. I have always thought that this was a very ambiguous notation. I can see */foo/bar* meaning that foo is in bold italic and bar is just bold with the two words run together. For this reason (pesky slashes in path names, + as bullet characters, underscores in names) I've abandoned this notation. The @<> is more verbose, but unambiguous. -=Ed=- -- Ed Hirgelt Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.