* org-mode 4.46
@ 2006-09-01 11:45 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-09-01 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

at http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org

Changes in version 4.46

  - Custom commands may create an agenda which contains several blocks,
    each block made by a different agenda command.

      This was proposed by Piotr Zielinski and Pete Phillips.  Check
      out section 8.9.2 in the manual to find out how to do this.

  - Agenda commands can be restricted to the current file, region, or
    subtree.  Thanks to Piotr for this idea.

      You restrict to the current file by sneaking in a "1" between
      `C-c a' and the key selecting the agenda command.  For example
      `C-c a 1 t' creates the TODO list for the current buffer.
      By using "0" instead of "1", the restriction is to the current
      subtree or, if there is an active selection, to that selection.
      The next C-c a command will again use the all agenda files.

  - The timeline command must now be called through the agenda
    dispatcher (C-c a L).  `C-c C-r' no longer works.

  - Agenda items can be sorted by tag.  The *last* tag is used for this.

       This was a request from Pete.  Why the last tag, you may wonder?
       Because the tag list for an item starts with inherited tags, and
       most local tag setting is probably the best to use for sorting.

  - The prefix and the sorting strategy for agenda items can now
    depend upon the agenda type.

       Take a look at the options `org-agenda-prefix-format' and
       `org-agenda-sorting-strategy' if you would like to use this.

  - The handling of mailto links can be customized.  Until now, mailto
    links were passed to `browse-url', an this may not be what you
    want, in particular if you use a mailer inside Emacs.  See the
    new variable `org-link-mailto-program'.

  - `mailto' links can specify a subject after a double colon, like
    [[mailto:carsten@orgmode.org::Org-mode is buggy]].

       Thanks to Matt Hodges for these two proposals and a patch.

  - In the #+STARTUP line, M-TAB completes valid keywords.

       There are too many options for the STARTUP line to remember
       them all.  So if you forget which one you need, use completion.

  - In the #+TAGS: line, M-TAB after ":" inserts all currently used tags.

       So if you want to go from a dynamic tags list to a predefined one,
       you easily get a good starting value for your list in this way.

  - The problems with Checkbox statistics on Emacs 21 are fixed.

  - And more small bug fixes.

* Re: org-mode 4.46
@ 2006-09-01 17:53 ` Ed Hirgelt
From: Ed Hirgelt @ 2006-09-01 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 9/1/06, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:

> at http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org
>

> Changes in version 4.46

I just downloaded and installed 4.46 and find that if I try to create
a new frame from within an org-mode buffer I get wrong argument type:
stringp, t

Just simply invoking M-x make-frame will show the problem.

I'm using XEmacs 21.4.19 (on Cygwin).

Thanks,
Ed

--
Ed Hirgelt     925.324.8563

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen
and thinking what nobody has thought.

* Re: org-mode 4.46
@ 2006-09-01 20:24 ` Daniel J. Sinder
From: Daniel J. Sinder @ 2006-09-01 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik wrote:

> at http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org

For installation, I'm still byte compiling things myself (ie, the
"old" way).  But I noticed that the documentation now describes a
'Makefile' method.  However, the makefile is not included in the
tarfile (for versions 4.44-4.46, at least).

* Re: org-mode 4.46
@ 2006-09-01 21:04   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-09-01 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Hirgelt; +Cc: emacs-orgmode