* face for org-capture template
@ 2021-10-03 15:03 Jean-Christophe Helary
From: Jean-Christophe Helary @ 2021-10-03 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

I just found how to change the face based on the major mode thanks to buffer-face-mode and I'd like to know if there is a similar mechanism to apply a given face to the template buffer.

What I have is:

;; polices fixes pour modes
;; https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FacesPerBuffer#toc3
(defun my-buffer-face-mode-fixed ()
  "Sets a fixed width (monospace) font in current buffer"
  (interactive)
  (setq buffer-face-mode-face '(:family "PT Mono" :height 115))
  (buffer-face-mode))

(add-hook 'org-capture-mode-hook ’my-buffer-face-mode-fixed)

But that applies the fixed font to the capture target and not to the template buffer...

I'm sure the answer is somewhere right under my nose...

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com

* Re: face for org-capture template
@ 2021-10-25 13:52 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-10-25 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Christophe Helary; +Cc: orgmode

Jean-Christophe Helary <lists@traduction-libre.org> writes:

> (add-hook 'org-capture-mode-hook ’my-buffer-face-mode-fixed)
>
> But that applies the fixed font to the capture target and not to the template buffer...

You probably need buffer-list-update-hook and check for "*Org Select*"
buffer name.

best,
Ihor