Hi Eddward On Feb 9, 2008 11:02 AM, Eddward DeVilla wrote: > I know what I'd like, but I don't know if it's practical. Another > possibility is to do like rst and require a blank line when ending a > list entry. Again, I'm not sure that is reasonably workable in > org-mode. > But that would mean that org would have to disallow multiple paragraphs in one list item, which is currently allowed. I think the only way to get what you want is to have distinct markers for starting and ending the lists. Something like **** Proposal for a more explicit list syntax An attempt to provide more robust indentation for lists with follow-on text. /- - Here is a list item - Here is another item. This item has multiple paras. - And a third item /+ + With an embedded sub-list + Second sub-item +/ Final part of third item -/ And here the lists have ended, so indentation returns to normal. One thing I'm not too happy about with this proposal is that the - in the start list marker (/-) does not line up with the other -'s. An alternative could be something like -\ - one - two -/ or (if unicode is allowed) even -¡ý - one - two -¡ü What do people think? The interaction with org-outdent-item would be tricky. Cheers Will -- Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronom¨ªa y Astrof¨ªsica, Universidad Nacional Aut¨®noma de M¨¦xico, Campus Morelia