* New Year's (org-mode) resolutions?
@ 2007-12-31 17:41 Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-12-31 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi folks,

a great new year's eve to everybody.  Special thanks to Carsten for
another year of fun with org-mode - and thanks to all who make this
mailing list worth reading it everyday !

As this is the right time for resolutions, one single question: what
are your top 3 GTD-wise (or more generally org-wise) resolutions for
this upcoming year?

Mine:

1. start clocking my work
2. generalize the Org exporter
3. give out more tutorials/screencasts!

All the best,

--
Bastien

* Re: New Year's (org-mode) resolutions?
@ 2007-12-31 18:16 ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2007-12-31 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien (bzg@altern.org) wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> a great new year's eve to everybody.  Special thanks to Carsten for
> another year of fun with org-mode - and thanks to all who make this
> mailing list worth reading it everyday !

Seconded!

> As this is the right time for resolutions, one single question: what
> are your top 3 GTD-wise (or more generally org-wise) resolutions for
> this upcoming year?
>
> Mine:
>
> 1. start clocking my work
> 2. generalize the Org exporter
> 3. give out more tutorials/screencasts!

1. regular reviews of my TODO lists in order to schedule things in advance
   (i.e. move from reactive to proactive)
2. start clocking my work
3. align daily actions with long-term goals

Here's a great place for anyone seeking inspiration for new
resolutions to make:

  http://zenhabits.net/

Best wishes to everyone for 2008!

* Re: New Year's (org-mode) resolutions?
@ 2007-12-31 19:27 ` William Henney
From: William Henney @ 2007-12-31 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Dec 31, 2007 11:41 AM, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> As this is the right time for resolutions, one single question: what
> are your top 3 GTD-wise (or more generally org-wise) resolutions for
> this upcoming year?

Mine:

1. Try to catch up with a small fraction of the new functionality that
has been added to org mode since I last read the manual
2. Try to read through all of Adam's and Peter's postings to this list
3. Try to keep up with Sacha's blog posts

I find it mildly depressing that many other org-moders seem to be able
to write faster than I can read....

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia