* [Feature Request] Support org-link-abbrev-alist for clickable image links
@ 2021-11-14 0:26 mail
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: mail @ 2021-11-14 0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
Org mode supports clickable images in the following form:
This is also displayed by =org-display-inline-images= as the second case:
An inline image is a link which follows either of these
1. Its path is a file with an extension matching return value
from image-file-name-regexp and it has no contents.
2. Its description consists in a single link of the previous
type. In this case, that link must be a well-formed plain
or angle link, i.e., it must have an explicit "file" type.
However, this docstring isn't quite true.
- The image link is parsed as a plain link, and thus if it contains spaces, it must be wrapped in angle brackets. This should be mentioned in the docstring.
- More crucially, it does not support =org-link-abbrev-alist=, which works in case 1.
Yes: [[https://example.com][<file:/tmp/with a space.png>]]
No: [[https://example.com][file:/tmp/with a space.png]] (docstring should mention this and suggest angle links)
No: [[https://example.com][my-abbrev:org-mode-logo.png]] (this should work)
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-11-14 0:27 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-11-14 0:26 [Feature Request] Support org-link-abbrev-alist for clickable image links mail
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).