From: "Piotr Zielinski" <piotr.zielinski@gmail.com>
To: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bracket Links in org-agenda buffer - small glitches
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:52:43 +0100	[thread overview]

Eric,

After any operation on an agenda-buffer line, org-mouse updates it by
calling org-agenda-change-all-lines.  I'll wait ot see whether
Carsten's fix in 4.50 fixes the problem with org-mouse as well; if
not, I'll try to fix it.

Piotr

On 20/09/06, Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> thanks for the detailed report - this will be fixed in 4.50.
>
> - Carsten
>
> On Sep 18, 2006, at 20:47, Eric J Haywiser wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> >       Some months ago, I inquired about rendering bracket links in the
> > org-agenda view.  This now *almost* works, kudos
> > to ?Carsten? and/or the others who made this fix.
> >
> > I notice 3 small glitches that remain:
> >
> > 1) Early warning links are not rendered
> >
> > Consider the following org file:
> > ;
> > --
> >
> > * [[http://www.google.com][Visit Google]]   DEADLINE: <2006-09-18 Mon>
> >
> > * [[http://www.google.com][Visit Google Tomorrow]]   DEADLINE:
> > <2006-09-19 Tue>
> >
> > ;
> > --
> >
> > a call to "org-agenda-list" yields the following view in the agenda
> > buffer
> > provided the org files containing the agenda entries are already open
> > as buffers:
> >
> > Week-agenda:
> > Monday    18 September 2006
> >   test:       Deadline:   Visit Google   DEADLINE: <2006-09-18 Mon>
> >   test:       In   1 d.:  [[http://www.google.com][Visit Google
> > Tomorrow]]   DEADLINE: <2006-09-19 Tue>
> > Tuesday   19 September 2006
> >   test:       Deadline:   Visit Google Tomorrow DEADLINE: <2006-09-19
> > Tue>
> > Wednesday 20 September 2006
> > Thursday  21 September 2006
> > Friday    22 September 2006
> >   Diary:       0:03...... Autumnal Equinox (EDT)
> > Saturday  23 September 2006
> > Sunday    24 September 2006
> >
> > where the bracket links for deadlines occuring on a given day are
> > "rendered", but the early warning for the same event (In 1 d.)
> > does not "render" the bracket link.  Instead the "raw" bracket
> > link markup is shown.
> >
> > 2) The following seems to be an interesting interaction with org-mouse:
> >
> >    If one right clicks on the "raw" link to bring up the menu with
> >    "Open C-c o" etc, the raw link transforms to a rendered link.
> >    Note that actually selecting a menu item is not required to trigger
> >    this behavior, just bringing up the menu, then canceling.
> >
> > Any action that changes the view such as:
> >        - A call to org-agenda-toggle-time-grid or
> >        - arrow key paging to next  week
> >        - etc
> > unfortunately switches back to the less desirable "raw" link
> > for the early warning events.
> >
> > 3) Entries coming from emacs diary files also produce "raw" instead of
> >    "rendered" markup
> >
> > Thanks again for all the great efforts.  Org is amazing.
> >
> > Solutions or ideas regarding the glitches are appreciated.
> >
> > -Eric
> >
> > Relevant versions include:
> >
> > org-mouse: 0.16, 0.18
> > org: 4.47, 4.49

> Carsten Dominik
> Sterrenkundig Instituut "Anton Pannekoek"
> Universiteit van Amsterdam
> [...]

Piotr Zielinski, Research Associate
Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge, UK
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~pz215/