From: Mario Frasca <mario@anche.no>
To: Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [bug] select TODO items and unexpected behaviour
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 09:53:33 -0500	[thread overview]

the "somehow", I can confirm it happened in the same session.  it was
left like that when I ran toggle-debug-on-error and landed in the debugger.

I also noticed that the behaviour on the selection is only implemented
for some actions, not all.

if you select items, then S-<up> (to raise priority), the result is …
difficult to describe, non-selected parts of the buffer disappear, I am
asked about a Tag, for whatever reason, at this point I hit C-g, and the
raise-priority is applied, but only on the line containing the point.

went looking in the code for these functions, and the leading test,
recursively implementing the action on the selected lines, I only saw it
repeated with variations in a couple such functions. as said,
org-priority does not have it.  I think the block could better be
generalized, my guess is by defining a well suited macro.

regards, MF