* fixed width columns with wrapping?
@ 2008-04-24 10:07 Alan Davis
From: Alan Davis @ 2008-04-24 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I haven't seen this information.  Using table.el, a fixed width table is
    wrapped.  This is an ideal format for me---my main reason for using
    table.el.

So, is it possible to do this in org-mode tables?  I see a continuation
    marker.  Can the cell be wrapped?

Barring that, what is the best way to handle tables with multiple line
    "cells"?

Alan
    butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet,
    balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying,
    take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations,
    analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a
    tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is
    for insects.                              ---Robert A. Heinlein

* Re: fixed width columns with wrapping?
@ 2008-04-24 18:16 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-04-24 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Davis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 24, 2008, at 12:07 PM, Alan Davis wrote:

> I haven't seen this information.  Using table.el, a fixed width
> table is
>   wrapped.  This is an ideal format for me---my main reason for using
>   table.el.
>
> So, is it possible to do this in org-mode tables?  I see a
> continuation
>   marker.  Can the cell be wrapped?

No, it cannot.

> Barring that, what is the best way to handle tables with multiple line
>   "cells"?

You cannot, in Org-mode tables.  You can have long lines, and when you
export to HTML, these will become wrapped in the HTML table.

Org tables are single line per field, not going to change I'm afraid.

- Carsten