* Feature request: Show notes in clock report
@ 2010-04-01 19:42 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2010-04-01 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Here's the use-case:

I'm working on Task 1, and encounter an unusual problem.
I want my clock report to show some detail about why Task 1
took more time than usual.

I don't want to create a sub-heading and clock into it then
adjust the clock, etc.  I just want to store a note or create a
heading with an inactive timestamp, and have the note appear
in the clock report.

Example:

----------------------
* Task 1

 :LOGBOOK:
  CLOCK: [2010-03-01 Mon 10:35]--[2010-03-01 Mon 11:40] =>  1:05
  :END:

** Encountered unusual problem
[2010-03-01 Mon 10:45]
---------------------

I'd like the clock report to look like this:

Clock summary at [2010-03-03 Wed 14:15]

| L | Headline     | Time   |
|---+--------------+--------|
|   | *Total time* | *1:05* |
|---+--------------+--------|
| 1 | Task 1       | 1:05   |
|    | Encountered unusual problem | |

I've tried the C-2 C-c C-c approach, where I create a remember
note, then refile it under the currently clocking task.  The problem with
that approach is that the note won't show up in the clock report unless
it has time > 1 min.

Thanks for the consideration,

--Nate

* Re: Feature request: Show notes in clock report
@ 2010-04-02  7:51 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-02  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Neff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nathan,

there is nothing like this right now.  I think I would add
some marker to the headline like {XXX} or so for you as
a reminder.  And then use the fact that the heading in
the clock table can be a link in order to jump to the heading
and check what your notes say.

- Carsten

On Apr 1, 2010, at 9:42 PM, Nathan Neff wrote:

> Here's the use-case:
>
> I'm working on Task 1, and encounter an unusual problem.
> I want my clock report to show some detail about why Task 1
> took more time than usual.
>
> I don't want to create a sub-heading and clock into it then
> adjust the clock, etc.  I just want to store a note or create a
> heading with an inactive timestamp, and have the note appear
> in the clock report.
>

> Example:
>
> ----------------------
> * Task 1
>
>  :LOGBOOK:
>   CLOCK: [2010-03-01 Mon 10:35]--[2010-03-01 Mon 11:40] =>  1:05
>   :END:
>
> ** Encountered unusual problem
> [2010-03-01 Mon 10:45]
> ---------------------
>
> I'd like the clock report to look like this:
>
> Clock summary at [2010-03-03 Wed 14:15]
>
> | L | Headline     | Time   |
> |---+--------------+--------|
> |   | *Total time* | *1:05* |
> |---+--------------+--------|
> | 1 | Task 1       | 1:05   |
> |    | Encountered unusual problem | |
>

> I've tried the C-2 C-c C-c approach, where I create a remember
> note, then refile it under the currently clocking task.  The problem
> with
> that approach is that the note won't show up in the clock report
> unless
> it has time > 1 min.
>
> Thanks for the consideration,
>
> --Nate