On 2024-05-17 05:22, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Fixed, on main. > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=288c7069c > > Thanks Kris for reporting, and thanks Rens for hunting down the cause! Thanks for the prompt fix, Ihor! I tested it out and confirmed I'm not seeing a blank space after the LOGBOOK anymore. However, I did notice that it now errors out when creating the LOGBOOK on a heading which is at the end of the buffer. The error is: Error in post-command-hook (org-add-log-note): (end-of-buffer) I did some debugging and found that the error was coming from the (forward-char) call in the following line: (if (eolp) (forward-char) (insert "\n")) I've taken a crack at fixing this, which seems to work correctly from all my tests. See attached for the patch file. The basic reasoning behind the included changes is: - Keep point at the end of the LOGBOOK entry (right after :END:) instead of needing it to be on the line after. - Adjust the values for folding the drawer and moving the point after folding based on the logic above.