And the parent could also support the [%] notation that exists for checkboxes :) -Hugo On Jan 25, 2008 12:45 PM, Stuart McLean wrote: > Hi, > > Sorry if I have started a new thread on this subject, GMail and I are > not getting along right now. > > ** TODO a main project > *** TODO step 1 > *** TODO step 2 > *** TODO step 3 > **** TODO step 3 part a > **** TODO step 3 part b > **** TODO step 3 part c > and so on > *** TODO step 4 > > Here is the functionality that I would like, and (as I see it) that > would be possible with the hooks provided and extensions that the user > could write... > > marking ** TODO a main project > as DONE would mark all subheadings done (say you did them all at once) > > marking *** TODO step 1 > as DONE would mark this item as done and no more, and so on for step two. > > marking step three as DONE would mark step three and all children (a, > b, c) as done, again, say you did them all at once. However, if you > marked step 3, part a as DONE, then b (at a later time), then c, only > triggering "c" would mark *** TODO step 3 as DONE as well. > > In other words marking a heading as DONE will mark all children as > DONE, marking children as DONE one-by-one will only mark the parent as > DONE when all the children are marked DONE. > > Is this a correct understanding? > > This is (one of the functionalities) I would like. Maybe it is already > possible, or I have misread something? > > Thanks again for org-mode, *fantastic software* > > Stuart > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >