Thanks you all. I think it is a good idea to try a live-cd. Maybe gentoo¿? I have been looking to some light OS and Triskel mini looks like quite attractive, I tried it many years ago. That will be my second option. Thanks :-) El 07/01/2023 a las 13:32, Ihor Radchenko escribió: > Ypo writes: > >> Orgmode is sometimes desperately slow on my PC: >> >> Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3100 Mhz >> >> (RAM)    4,00 GB >> >> >> I am running Windows 10, everything I use works OK, but Orgmode. >> >> Do you think that if I install a Linux OS, Orgmode would run fast? Any >> OS suggestion? > AFAIK, 4Gb is barely enough for Windows 10. If I remember correctly, 4Gb > is the minimal hardware requirement for Windows 10, and it will use > almost the whole RAM in such scenario. > > So, using things like Chromium or Emacs will likely exceed your RAM > capacity and put system into using SWAP. > > You can downgrade to Windows 7, which just requires 2Gb, or you can use > Linux indeed. For example, my current Gentoo setup with Awesome WM + > Browser + Emacs + Syncthing + RSSHub + davmail running only takes 2.7Gb > RAM with bare system (no extra docker services, Emacs, and browser) only > taking 150Mb. >