* Designing with `org-mode?
@ 2024-07-29 18:02 Cameron Reape
From: Cameron Reape @ 2024-07-29 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

As the subject says. I’m starting a freelancing business and am wondering if anyone has done any sort of designing in `org-mode, and if so, how? I’m probably going to split my normal .emacs with the new one for design work.

Cameron Reape

* Re: Designing with `org-mode?
@ 2024-07-30 13:02 ` Rudolf Adamkovič
From: Rudolf Adamkovič @ 2024-07-30 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cameron Reape, emacs-orgmode

Cameron Reape <cameron.reape@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Cameron!

> ... any sort of designing in `org-mode, and if so, how?

A long-time freelancer here.

I use Org mode for almost all of my design work, where "design" is
defined as "thinking ideas through, typically before implementing them".
I design APIs, UIs, algorithms, data structures, relational database
schemas, and similar.

Org is a good environment for thinking things through, IMO

Rudy
--
"All you have to do is write one true sentence.  Write the truest
sentence that you know."  --- Ernest Miller Hemingway (1899-1961)

Rudolf Adamkovič <rudolf@adamkovic.org> [he/him]
http://adamkovic.org