Sorry for my delayed answer. But I don't see it either :/ "The prompt will default to a timer string at +  point (if any)," I can't see it well related to the C-u prefix. For example why the "(if any)"? It should be unnecessary, since it is the previous explained general case. Best regards El 03/10/2022 a las 4:57, Ihor Radchenko escribió: > Ypo writes: > >> Oh! Thanks >> >> I didn't understand. Maybe this would be more understandable?: >> >>> When called with a ‘C-u’ prefix, prompt the user for a starting >>> offset or, if there is a timer string at point, this is taken as the >>> default, ... >> Or: >> >>> When called with a ‘C-u’ prefix, there are 2 options: prompt the user for a starting >>> offset. Or, if there is a timer string at point, this is taken as the >>> default, ... > Your versions still feel a bit confusing. > What about the attached patch? > > >