I think you're right. This request was prompted by an issue encounted in org-journal, and it probably exists in org-roam and other similar packages. Ignoring blank lines sounds like a reasonable approach. For more significant syntax violations such as your example, perhaps org-entry-get and other functions should raise errors instead of silently returning nil? I'm going to investigate how it might be possible to initiate an org- lint if an exception situation was to arise in org-journal. On February 7, 2024, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Jason May writes: > > > Extraneous content (e.g. blank lines) in the PROPERTIES drawer > > cause =org-entry-get= to return nil without indication of any > problem. > > > > Desired behavior: =org-entry-get= should be forgiving. > > It should ignore blank PROPERTIES lines, or any line with invalid > > syntax. > > A message to the *Warnings* buffer might be appropriate. > > Blank lines in properties might be an ok change. > I am not so sure about invalid syntax. > > Consider > > :PROPERTIES: > :PROP1: val1 > :PROP2: this line was > accidentally modified > :END: > > Property drawer not being recognized is more likely to be noticed > compared to `org-entry-get' returning incomplete "this line was". > > In any case, M-x org-lint will report problems with property drawers. > > --  > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at