From: Ypo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: ORG update made Dired the only way to open folders
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 20:09:59 +0000 (UTC) [thread overview]
Message-ID: <email@example.com> (raw)
[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 571 bytes --]
I updated to the new version of ORG, and a problem arose (although a hidden bless too):
- now when I open a link to a folder, Dired is launched. This behaviour is different, before the update these links where open in an external window of Windows OS. Even when I use attach and choose to open in external program, Dired is used as default.
Is it possible to open links to folders out of emacs?
- The bless is that I didn't know Dired, absolutely, and now I found some features quite attractive, like finding files in a folder just writing their name.
[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 948 bytes --]
next reply other threads:[~2020-09-18 20:33 UTC|newest]
Thread overview: 8+ messages / expand[flat|nested] mbox.gz Atom feed top
2020-09-18 20:09 Ypo [this message]
2020-09-19 4:48 ` ORG update made Dired the only way to open folders Ihor Radchenko
2020-09-21 8:01 ` Ypo
2020-09-21 8:17 ` Ihor Radchenko
2020-09-21 8:30 ` Ypo
2020-09-21 19:08 ` Nicolas Goaziou
2020-09-21 21:11 ` Ypo
2020-09-24 2:22 ` Kyle Meyer
You may reply publicly to this message via plain-text email
using any one of the following methods:
* Save the following mbox file, import it into your mail client,
and reply-to-all from there: mbox
Avoid top-posting and favor interleaved quoting:
List information: https://www.orgmode.org/
* Reply using the --to, --cc, and --in-reply-to
switches of git-send-email(1):
git send-email \
* If your mail client supports setting the In-Reply-To header
via mailto: links, try the mailto: link
Be sure your reply has a Subject: header at the top and a blank line
before the message body.
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).