* library of babel ingest interferes with noweb
@ 2017-09-14 18:58 edgar
From: edgar @ 2017-09-14 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

It seems that when I have two blocks of code with noweb, and then I do a
babel ingest, I don't get my original result (see attached file).

Is there a reason for this? Is this a bug?

Thanks.

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!

[-- Attachment #2: t.org --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 803 bytes --]

;; This buffer is for notes you don't want to save, and for Lisp evaluation.
;; If you want to create a file, visit that file with C-x C-f,
;; then enter the text in that file's own buffer.

* This works
#+NAME: test1
#+BEGIN_SRC bash
  a=2
#+END_SRC

#+NAME: test2
#+BEGIN_SRC bash :noweb yes
  <<test1>>
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC bash :noweb yes
  <<test2>>
#+END_SRC

shows in the org-edit-special window
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
a=2
#+END_EXAMPLE

* This does not work
After loading this block,
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports none :results none
  (org-babel-lob-ingest "t.org")
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC bash :noweb yes
  <<test2>>
#+END_SRC

shows in the org-edit-special window
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
<<test1>>
#+END_EXAMPLE

* What I expect
After ingesting the file, I should still get =a=2= in the org-edit-special

* Re: library of babel ingest interferes with noweb
@ 2017-09-14 21:26 ` Nicolas Goaziou
       [not found]   ` <c43e45990e37b8cc86c605c1a989173e@openmail.cc>
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-09-14 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edgar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

edgar@openmail.cc writes:

> Hello,
>
> It seems that when I have two blocks of code with noweb, and then I do
> a babel ingest, I don't get my original result (see attached file).

[...]

> * This works
> #+NAME: test1
> #+BEGIN_SRC bash
>   a=2
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+NAME: test2
> #+BEGIN_SRC bash :noweb yes
>   <<test1>>
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC bash :noweb yes
>   <<test2>>
> #+END_SRC
>
> shows in the org-edit-special window
> #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
> a=2
> #+END_EXAMPLE

I don't get this.

I have

  #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
    <<test2>>
  #+END_EXAMPLE

However, it seems wrong to have

  #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
    a=2
  #+END_EXAMPLE

because you no longer know what part you are editing.

Nicolas Goaziou

@ 2017-09-16  4:29     ` edgar
From: edgar @ 2017-09-16  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2017-09-14 21:26, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> I have
>
>   #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
>     <<test2>>
>   #+END_EXAMPLE
>
> However, it seems wrong to have
>
>   #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
>     a=2
>   #+END_EXAMPLE
>
> because you no longer know what part you are editing.
Ooops, I should have said that I did C-c C-v v
(org-babel-expand-src-block) in the last block. What I need is to get
the final code (without references). Thanks!