* Seeking identical output for export
@ 2020-01-07 18:22 wlharvey4
From: wlharvey4 @ 2020-01-07 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello:

I am seeking to find the right way to obtain identical output when exporting an Org file into texinfo using the export menu from within the Org file as well as from a Makefile using an Emacs batch script.

Currently I am using (org-export-to-file ‘texinfo “<file-name>”) from within a Makefile.  This produces a file that has a few differences from that produced by using the export menu 'C-c C-e i t’.

The batch script is:

 emacs -Q --batch --eval '\
	  (progn \
	    (require '\''org) \
	    (require '\''ob) \
	    (require '\''ox-texinfo) \
	    (require '\''ob-shell) \
	    (setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil) \
	    (find-file "$(ORG)") \
	    (org-export-to-file '\''texinfo "$(TEXI)"))'

The differences include:
- the {{{date}}} macro is empty when created with the Makefile
  e.g. subtitle Version 0.0.0
         versus
         subtitle Version 0.0.0 2020-01-07 10:05

	The Org source is:
	#+subtitle {{{version}}} {{{date}}}
	#+macro:version Version 0.0.0

	The version macro is expanded but not the date macro.

- references are random strings rather than similar to the #+name when created with the Makefile
  e.g. float Listing,orge1fba27
         versus
         float Listing,get-org-filename

- periods at the end of variable references
  e.g. ... exists: $NEWDIR.
         versus
         ...exists: $NEWDIR@.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Wesley

* Re: Seeking identical output for export
@ 2020-01-08  7:20 ` Diego Zamboni
From: Diego Zamboni @ 2020-01-08  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wlharvey4; +Cc: Org-mode