From: Christopher League <league@contrapunctus.net>
To: Adam Spiers <orgmode@adamspiers.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: RFC: interactive tag query adjustment
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 17:45:11 -0500	[thread overview]

On Dec 8, 2007, at 1:29 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:
> The idea sounds great! though I copied your code into a buffer, did
> M-x eval-buffer, typed C-c a m and couldn't get any of the "electric"
> keys to behave any differently to normal.  Not sure if I did something
> wrong.

Huh, okay.  Maybe the code is rougher than I thought.  :)

The first step is, from the *Org Agenda* buffer, try C-h c / to make
sure it is bound to cl-agenda-tag-and-cmd.  If not, then maybe the org-
defkey failed.  Also, org-tag-alist must be set up with shortcut keys
for each tag.  If this is the case, then typing "/h" should add
"+home" to the current query, assuming you have ("home" . ?h) in org-
tag-alist.  It will NOT prompt for anything after typing just the "/".

I'll paste the rest of my current org config below, in case there's
some other relevant assumption I'm making about how things are set
up.  My org-version is 5.16a.  If this needs further troubleshooting,
maybe we can take it off-list until it gets resolved.

Thanks,
Chris

;; current org configuration

(setq org-agenda-files "~/v/plan/orgfiles.txt")
(setq org-startup-folded nil)
(setq org-hide-leading-stars t)
(setq org-todo-keywords
       ;; task states
       '((type "NEXT(N)" "|" "WAIT(W)" "DONE(D)")
         ;; project states
         (sequence "|" "ONEDAY(O)" "ACTIVE(A)" "CLOSED(C)")))
(setq org-todo-keyword-faces
       '(("NEXT" . (:foreground "green3" :weight bold))
         ("WAIT" . (:foreground "orange2" :weight bold))
         ("DONE" . (:foreground "red4" :weight bold))
         ("ONEDAY" . (:foreground "orange2" :inverse-video t))
         ("ACTIVE" . (:foreground "green3" :inverse-video t))
         ("CLOSED" . (:foreground "red4" :inverse-video t))))
(setq org-fast-tag-selection-include-todo t)

(setq org-tag-alist
       '(("ARCHIVE" . ?-)
         (:startgroup)
         ("focus" . ?f)
         ("tired" . ?t)
         (:endgroup)
         (:startgroup)
         ("inet" . ?i)
         ("comp" . ?c)
         (:endgroup)
         (:startgroup)
         ("email" . ?m)
         ("phone" . ?p)
         (:endgroup)
         (:startgroup)
         ("home" . ?h)
         ("office" . ?o)
         ("errand" . ?e)
         (:endgroup)))
(setq org-log-done nil)
(setq org-use-tag-inheritance nil)

(setq org-agenda-ndays 10)
(setq org-stuck-projects
       '("/ACTIVE" ("NEXT" "WAIT")
         nil ""))

(setq org-agenda-sorting-strategy
       '((agenda time-up priority-down category-keep)
         (todo priority-down tag-up category-keep)
         (tags priority-down tag-up category-keep)))