Dear All, Please find attached a patch (against master) which takes care of the following issue. Assume I have a block like this #+begin_src sh :tangle no This should not be tangled #+end_src Then the block is correctly ignored when tangling the whole file, but erroneously tangled (to a file named "no") when tangling is run with the universal argument (so that only the current block should be tangled) This happens because the check for the "no" option is not performed when tangling a single block. In the proposed patch I address this issue by checking for the "no" option in the function org-babel-effective-tangled- filename