* Source Block header arguments
@ 2021-02-17 10:44 Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2021-02-17 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I know I can easily create templates for frequently used code blocks.

My question is, is there a completion or in-place documentation for
valid header arguments to code blocks? The options are rather buried
in the manual.

* Re: Source Block header arguments
@ 2021-02-18  3:08 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2021-02-18  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell Adams, emacs-orgmode

Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

> I know I can easily create templates for frequently used code blocks.
>
> My question is, is there a completion or in-place documentation for
> valid header arguments to code blocks? The options are rather buried
> in the manual.

I use helm-info-org for this.

Best,
Ihor

* Re: Source Block header arguments
@ 2021-02-18 11:10 ` Timothy
From: Timothy @ 2021-02-18 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell Adams; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Russel,

Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

> I know I can easily create templates for frequently used code blocks.
>
> My question is, is there a completion or in-place documentation for
> valid header arguments to code blocks? The options are rather buried
> in the manual.

As it so happens, I have had the exact same annoyance.

My solution was using snippets, you can see the details by looking at:
+ https://tecosaur.github.io/emacs-config/config.html#snippet-helpers
+ https://tecosaur.github.io/emacs-config/config.html#snippets-org-mode

I hope that might be of some help/interest :)

--
Timothy

* Re: Source Block header arguments
@ 2021-02-18 13:34   ` Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2021-02-18 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 11:08:32AM +0800, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:
>
> > I know I can easily create templates for frequently used code blocks.
> >
> > My question is, is there a completion or in-place documentation for
> > valid header arguments to code blocks? The options are rather buried
> > in the manual.
>
> I use helm-info-org for this.

I have helm, and never saw this. Good tip!

* Re: Source Block header arguments
@ 2021-02-18 13:38   ` Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2021-02-18 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 07:10:52PM +0800, Timothy wrote:

> Hi Russel,
>
> Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:
>
> > I know I can easily create templates for frequently used code blocks.
> >
> > My question is, is there a completion or in-place documentation for
> > valid header arguments to code blocks? The options are rather buried
> > in the manual.
>
> As it so happens, I have had the exact same annoyance.
>
> My solution was using snippets, you can see the details by looking at:
> + https://tecosaur.github.io/emacs-config/config.html#snippet-helpers
> + https://tecosaur.github.io/emacs-config/config.html#snippets-org-mode

That is interesting. That's kind of what I was thinking could already
be implemented without my knowing. ;]

Maybe we need to buff the block insertion code?