On Fri, Oct 09, 2020 at 09:24:34PM +0200, c.buhtz@posteo.jp wrote: > Hi, > > I had this discussion in several mailinglists but gave up. > > But I am suprised to see this phenomenon in a emacs related (means: > "super nerdy") mailinglist, too. > > So tell me please how do you handle this "problem"? Or do I setup > something wrong with my list account? There is no clear-cut answer to that. For mailing lists which allow posting by non-subscribers (this is one), reply-to-all makes more sense to reply-to-all, since you can't be sure that everyone is subscribed. As for what I do, I have a mail filter (procmail) which weeds out duplicates fairly effectively. For this list, specifically, which is managed by Mailman, you can tell the list manager [1] to not send you a duplicate when your address is in the To: or Cc: header field. Note that you'll get the copy sent to you, not the one sent via the list; if you are filtering based on list headers, this might not be what you want. To appreciate the whole "interesting" complexity see [2]. In a nutshell, there's no ideal solution working for all tastes. Cheers [1] https://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/node21.html [2] http://david.woodhou.se/reply-to-list.html - t