ox-extra ignore headlines mismatching behaviors

1 First level headlines

When using first level headlines we get the following behavior.

If there is a empty line before the header the text within the ignored header (such as this) is inserted in a new paragraph.

Some more text to show that it is working as expected.

If there is a empty after the header (but not before) then the behavior is different.

As we can see here (no line break in pdf, but a line break in html).

If there is no empty line before or after the ignored header then no paragraph break is introduced when exporting to pdf, but a break still inserted when exporting to html.

As we can see happening here. Note that for html there is usually no break if there is no empty line (as is the case here).

2 Second level headlines

When using second level headlines this behavior is similar but there is one difference.

If there is a empty line before the ignored header (which is this the case) no paragraph break exists when exporting to pdf.

Another example.

3 Output without ignored headlines

The following shows the output for the same text with the ignored headlines removed but with the same empty lines. I believe this would be the expected output of ignoring the headlines.

3.1 First level headlines

When using first level headlines we get the following behavior.

If there is a empty line before the header the text within the ignored header (such as this) is inserted in a new paragraph.

Some more text to show that it is working as expected.

If there is a empty after the header (but not before) then the behavior is different.

As we can see here (no line break in pdf, but a line break in html).

If there is no empty line before or after the ignored header then no paragraph break is introduced when exporting to pdf, but a break still inserted when exporting to html. As we can see happening here. Note that for html there is usually no break if there is no empty line (as is the case here).

3.2 Second level headlines

When using second level headlines this behavior is similar but there is one difference.

If there is a empty line before the ignored header (which is this the case) no paragraph break exists when exporting to pdf.

Another example.

Created: 2020-06-13 Sat 19:45

Validate