On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 09:05:33AM -0500, James R Miller wrote: > (I also don’t understand the knee jerk response away from > cookies / JavaScript). Mine isn't a knee-jerk reaction. It's worse: it's well thought-out. Discussing that in detail would be far off-topic for this list, though. > Those are just parts of the modern web... Cookies for state and persistent login and JavaScript for making the web page interactive. There are many things which are "parts of modern X", for many values of X, which I dislike. I tend to avoid them. > Are you saying you’d want some sort of REST api instead and the website would just be a view into that? All well and fine (as long as it is documented). But falling back to Plain Old HTML just works too. Cheers -- t