On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 08:06:46 +0000 (UTC) Justin Gordon wrote: > Achim Gratz nexgo.de> writes: > > > > > John Hendy writes: > > > Then again, is Worg saying that if `M-x org-version` outputs the > > > "correct" answer... we're all set and there's nothing to worry > > > about? > > > > The output of org-version is determined essentially by checking for > > two files from the installation and comparing where they would be > > loaded from. This catches the most common problems, but certainly > > not all. In particular, it won't see when the load-path has been > > changed after some parts of Org have already been loaded from > > someplace else (but org-reload will give a warning for this case). > > > > Regards, > > Achim. > > > If I byte compile a file, I get this message: > In org-jekyll-publish-to-html: > ox-jekyll.el:280:4:Warning: org-publish-org-to called with 5 > arguments, but accepts only 4 > > This is because my installation is pointing to the emacs default > version rather than my version from git. If I do C-h f and look up > this function, I get pointed to the emacs default version. > > However, if I do org-version, I get the proper new version. > > However, if I do list-load-path-shadows, I can verify that > org-publish is not shadowed, and that's probably due to the fact that > the new file is called ox-publish. > > How do I fix this??? > > > I've tried You’ve tried what? You seem to have cut off in mid-sentence. I had the same problem on debian testing which I resolved by removing the debian version and going solely with the one from ELPA, in your case from git. I'm pretty sure that the git version will be more up-to-date than your distro version! :) Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk efever = http://www.efever.blogspot.com/ efever = http://sharon04.livejournal.com/ my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.4.2 Registered Linux user 561944