On 27-May-2013, Bastien wrote: > Ben Finney writes: > > Do you have a reference from some FSF official for that restriction? > > See this discussion: > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-12/msg00375.html Thanks very much for that information. I had not realised how obstructionist RMS has become on this issue, blocking attempts event to dual-license a document under at least one free license (the FDL is not a free license by the FSF's own definition), and insisting that Debian change its social contract to allow non-free works. Given that entrenched position, the only hope for new freely-licensed FSF documentation now seems to be for RMS's authority to be over-ruled on this from within FSF, which could take some time. It's good to have this to refer back to, so I'm grateful for this discussion. -- \ “Software patents provide one more means of controlling access | `\ to information. They are the tool of choice for the internet | _o__) highwayman.” —Anthony Taylor | Ben Finney