* orgmode and academic conferences advice needed: how to integrate orgmode to capture ideas/data
@ 2013-08-21  5:41 Xebar Saram
From: Xebar Saram @ 2013-08-21  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi all

im currently in Basel in a Academic conference and was thinking how one
would "absorb" all the torrents of ideas/data/images/conversations quickly
into org mode :) does any one have any real life experience with this? do
you use mobile-org or that, or another method?
i have an andorid phone/tablet and a laptop as well so i was wondering if
any one had any ideas?

in a perfect world i would use my tablet to capture text etc and phone to
capture images/posters/quick ideas and have them all automatically sync to
my org mode file but i know that wishful thinking

best

Itai

* Re: orgmode and academic conferences advice needed: how to integrate orgmode to capture ideas/data
@ 2013-08-21  8:08 ` Gian-Maria Daffré
From: Gian-Maria Daffré @ 2013-08-21  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all
>
> im currently in Basel in a Academic conference and was thinking how one
> would "absorb" all the torrents of ideas/data/images/conversations quickly
> into org mode :) does any one have any real life experience with this? do
> you use mobile-org or that, or another method?
> i have an andorid phone/tablet and a laptop as well so i was wondering if
> any one had any ideas?
>
> in a perfect world i would use my tablet to capture text etc and phone to
> capture images/posters/quick ideas and have them all automatically sync to
> my org mode file but i know that wishful thinking
>
> best
>
> Itai

Mostly I do it with mindmaps.

Either directly on paper using the bic 4 color ballpoint pen [1]

Otherwise use org-mode and then export it into freemind C-c C-e m
(org-export-as-freemind)

I have seen that Vym (view your mind) has a experimental export function
to org-mode. I have never tested it though.

Best,
Giammi

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.bicworld.com/en/products/details/18/4-color

--
I kindly ask you not to send me attachments in proprietary file
formats, use open standards like PDF, HTML, RTF or plain text.

* Re: orgmode and academic conferences advice needed: how to integrate orgmode to capture ideas/data
@ 2013-08-21  9:17 ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-08-21  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Xebar Saram <zeltakc@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all

Hi!

> im currently in Basel in a Academic conference and was thinking how one
> would "absorb" all the torrents of ideas/data/images/conversations quickly
> into org mode :) does any one have any real life experience with this? do
> you use mobile-org or that, or another method?
> i have an andorid phone/tablet and a laptop as well so i was wondering if
> any one had any ideas?

I am using my MobileOrg (Android) to quickly[1] add short notes and
URLs (share with ... MobileOrg) to myself while being on the road.

I think that there is no easy/quick way of adding other data than
simple test to Org-mode on the phone.

However, I always return with lots of new headings in my inbox.org
from events like research conferences and such :-)

  1. There is a capture widget
--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github