* Linking back to archive
@ 2012-08-15  4:26 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2012-08-15  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi list,

I have a gtd.org with my projects and next actions as org items. When I'm
done with them, I archive, and they go to gtd.org_archive.

Sometimes, I create a new org file for a project, to keep notes and other
reference material. Let's say I have this in my gtd.org:

* Project :project:
   file://~/org/reference/project.org
** TODO Foo
** TODO Bar

When the Project is done in gtd.org, and I archive it, I'd like to add a
link back to the Project org item in gtd.org_archive from project.org. I
tried opening gtd.org_archive and then pressing C-l on the "* Project"
headline, then opening project.org and C-c C-l, and while it does paste the
org link, that looks like: file:~/org/gtd/gtd.org_archive::*Project, if I
click it nothing happens.

What could be wrong?

Thanks,

- Marcelo.

* Re: Linking back to archive
@ 2012-08-15 12:30 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-15 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Marcelo,

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:

> I tried opening gtd.org_archive and then pressing C-l on
> the "* Project" headline, then opening project.org and C-c C-l, and
> while it does paste the org link, that looks like: file:~/org/gtd/
> gtd.org_archive::*Project, if I click it nothing happens.

Mhh.. I tested this and it works fine here.  I guess we need more
information and a reproducible recipe with emacs -Q.  Can you provide
that?

 Bastien

* Re: Linking back to archive
@ 2012-08-15 23:02 ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2012-08-15 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list,

Hi Marcelo!

> I have a gtd.org with my projects and next actions as org items. When I'm
> done with them, I archive, and they go to gtd.org_archive.
>
> Sometimes, I create a new org file for a project, to keep notes and other
> reference material. Let's say I have this in my gtd.org:
>
> * Project :project:
>    file://~/org/reference/project.org
> ** TODO Foo
> ** TODO Bar

Not an answer to your direct question but a comment:

I am linking entries in my Org files with IDs:

* ProjectA
  :PROPERTIES:
  :ID: projA
  :END:

... will be linked as id:projA and this works in all of my (agenda?)
files.

You just have to make sure that the ID is unique. I am using
datestamps as starting strings so that I only have to make them
unique for one day :-)  (like: 2012-08-16projA)

HTH

--
Karl Voit