Yuri Goncharov schrieb: > I use xmonad with xmobar at my desktop. I'd like to add clock > string from mode line to xmobar. Is there way to save it to > file every time when update mode line? > ---Zitatende--- You can find information on various subjects with M-x apropos but it's sometimes hard to find the right keyword. I emacs, certain functions are called when certain events occur, those functions are called hooks. I found display-time-hook by doing M-x aproposhook and then searching for status (no result) and update (which yielded display-time-hook). See documentation of variable display-time-hook HTH -- Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)