* Combination of 'ordered' property and 'scheduled' hides TODO items.
@ 2010-03-31  9:05 mrb
From: mrb @ 2010-03-31  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm using the ORDERED property in some/most of my projects and
generally hide BLOCKED items everywhere except in a special list of
blocked items which I review with some regularity. Overall, this works
fine, org nicely filters out what is possible to work on and hides
others.

I'd like to make  it a bit smarter by having scheduled and deadlined
items be 'unhidden' even though they would be invisible according to
their order.

A typical structure to which the above would apply is something like
this:

* PROJ Some project with sequential tasks
:PROPERTIES:
:ORDERED: t
:END:
** TODO First
** TODO Second, but scheduled
SCHEDULED: <2010-03-30 Tue>
** TODO Third, but deadlined
DEADLINE: <2010-03-29 Mon>
** TODO Last

In my lists the 'Second, but scheduled' and 'Third, but deadlined' do
not appear, because they are blocked by 'First'.

For the above situations, I'd like to make an exception in the hiding,
but do not know where to start. I could imagine a customization
variable which allows a list of exceptions to the 'hide' rule.

Anyone has any tips/pointers on the above?

Thx,
marcel

--
Marcel van der Boom  -- http://hsdev.com/mvdb.vcf
HS-Development BV    -- http://www.hsdev.com

[-- Attachment #1.2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: Combination of 'ordered' property and 'scheduled' hides TODO items.
@ 2010-04-04  7:07 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-04-04  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mrb; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

you would have to write your own functions for the blocker hook and
install it instead of the default one.  If would not be so hard -
basically call the default blocker hook function and then test
yourself if the entry is scheduled, and combine the result.

However, I would just use a normal agenda, where you set org-agenda-
dim-blocked-tasks to nil in the option section.

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2010-04-04  7:42   ` mrb
From: mrb @ 2010-04-04  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)