* interesting post on "what makes a good GTD list manager"
@ 2008-04-13  9:21 Pete Phillips
From: Pete Phillips @ 2008-04-13  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Morning all.

Interesting post here from Kelly Forrister (one of David Allen's staff
who trains and blogs on GTD):

	http://www.davidco.com/blogs/kelly/archives/2008/04/what_makes_a_go.html

In my estimation, org-mode hits the spot on all of them.  :-)

Pete

PS: for the GTD muso's on the list - recently did a live session for
student radio with my trumpeter Matt - you can hear us on the myspace
page doing a version of 'Georgia'

http://www.myspace.com/detoxjazz

* Re: interesting post on "what makes a good GTD list manager"
@ 2008-04-13 19:11 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-04-13 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 13, 2008, at 11:21 AM, Pete Phillips wrote:

> Morning all.
>
> Interesting post here from Kelly Forrister (one of David Allen's staff
> who trains and blogs on GTD):
>
> 	http://www.davidco.com/blogs/kelly/archives/2008/04/what_makes_a_go.html
>
> In my estimation, org-mode hits the spot on all of them.  :-)

Yes, except maybe the synch with portable devices.....  It is not so
good at that.

> Pete
>
> PS: for the GTD muso's on the list - recently did a live session for
> student radio with my trumpeter Matt - you can hear us on the myspace
> page doing a version of 'Georgia'
>
> http://www.myspace.com/detoxjazz

That's nice!  I am listening to it right now.

- Carsten

* Re: interesting post on "what makes a good GTD list manager"
@ 2008-04-13 20:08   ` Pete Phillips
From: Pete Phillips @ 2008-04-13 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Carsten> On Apr 13, 2008, at 11:21 AM, Pete Phillips wrote:

    >> Interesting post here from Kelly Forrister (one of David Allen's
    >> staff who trains and blogs on GTD):
    >>
    >> http://www.davidco.com/blogs/kelly/archives/2008/04/what_makes_a_go.html
    >>
    >> In my estimation, org-mode hits the spot on all of them.  :-)
    >>

    Carsten> Yes, except maybe the synch with portable devices.....  It
    Carsten> is not so good at that.

Well, it does say synched to handheld *or* printed though ?  You can
easily print out sorted by contexts etc, or just the whole list.

Pete

* Re: interesting post on "what makes a good GTD list manager"
@ 2008-04-16 12:33   ` Detlef Steuer
From: Detlef Steuer @ 2008-04-16 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:11:26 +0200
Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:

> > In my estimation, org-mode hits the spot on all of them.  :-)
> >

> Yes, except maybe the synch with portable devices.....  It is not so
> good at that.

I chose orgmode because it is so usable and syncable on _my_ portable device
(good old zaurus).
Hits this spot, too!

Detlef

* Re: Re: interesting post on "what makes a good GTD list manager"
@ 2008-04-17  5:53     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-04-17  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Detlef Steuer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 16, 2008, at 2:33 PM, Detlef Steuer wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:11:26 +0200
> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
>
>>> In my estimation, org-mode hits the spot on all of them.  :-)
>>>

>> Yes, except maybe the synch with portable devices.....  It is not so
>> good at that.
>
> I chose orgmode because it is so usable and syncable on _my_
> portable device
> (good old zaurus).
> Hits this spot, too!

:-)

Does that really work?  Emacs on such a device?  I'd love to try it.

* Re: Re: interesting post on "what makes a good GTD list manager"
@ 2008-04-17 12:35       ` Pete Phillips
From: Pete Phillips @ 2008-04-17 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

    >> I chose orgmode because it is so usable and syncable on _my_
    >> portable device (good old zaurus).  Hits this spot, too!

    Carsten> Does that really work?  Emacs on such a device?  I'd love
    Carsten> to try it.

I have a Zaurus, but I could never find a full emacs package to install,
only microemacs I think.  I'd be happy to give it a try. Last summer I
took my org files on holiday on my Zaurus and used vi to edit them!

Pete

* Re: (a bit OT) interesting post on "what makes a good GTD list manager"
@ 2008-04-18 11:23         ` Detlef Steuer
From: Detlef Steuer @ 2008-04-18 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:35:07 +0100
Pete Phillips <pete@smtl.co.uk> wrote:

>     >> I chose orgmode because it is so usable and syncable on _my_
>     >> portable device (good old zaurus).  Hits this spot, too!
>
>     Carsten> Does that really work?  Emacs on such a device?  I'd love
>     Carsten> to try it.
>
> I have a Zaurus, but I could never find a full emacs package to install,
> only microemacs I think.  I'd be happy to give it a try. Last summer I
> took my org files on holiday on my Zaurus and used vi to edit them!

I have a Zaurus 860 and emacs can be found here:

http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/feed/contribs/everyone-pdaxrom/

Obviously you must use the pdaXrom flavour.

Works surprisingly well.

Detlef