* org-mode support on aquamacs?
@ 2008-04-13  6:23 David Kritzberg
From: David Kritzberg @ 2008-04-13  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Folks,

I use orgmode primarily with the emacs 22 that comes with ubuntu
gutsy.  But I also have a mac and use aquamacs for emacs on that
system.  Recently aquamacs came out with an upgrade (1.3), and around
the same time, I updated orgmode from 5.22 to 5.23a and then 6.00pre,
and now many key bindings do not seem to work.  Has anyone else had
this experience?

Thanks,
Dave
________________________________
Dave Kritzberg
University of Colorado Economics

* Re: org-mode support on aquamacs?
@ 2008-05-05  9:03 ` David Kritzberg
From: David Kritzberg @ 2008-05-05  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Folks,

I use orgmode primarily with the emacs 22.1.1 that comes with ubuntu
Gutsy 7.10.

Recent updates to orgmode seem to have "broken" a couple things I was
used to  in earlier versions:

1. the tab -- when editing text under a bullet previously, hitting the
tab key would auto-indent a line of text regardless of where the
cursor was in that line.  Now, I need to place the cursor at the
beginning of the line to do this, the same as I would do if I was
editing in some plain text mode.

2. when scheduling/re-scheduling dates in either agenda view or an
outline view, "C-c C-s fri" would re-schedule the event for the
upcoming Friday.  Now I can still do "C-c C-s +5" if Friday is in 5
days, but I have lost the 3-letter abbreviations for days of the week
in this context.

I wrote an earlier post describing the same behavior a couple weeks
ago, and at the time I was thinking it was an mac/aquamacs problem,
but now it has happened on putty/windows over ssh to my ubuntu machine
as well.

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.  Maybe I have
something in my .emacs that is in conflict with recent contributions
to the orgmode codebase?

Thanks,
Dave

________________________________

@ 2008-05-05 15:04   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-05-05 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: david.kritzberg; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi David,

On May 5, 2008, at 11:03 AM, David Kritzberg wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>
> I use orgmode primarily with the emacs 22.1.1 that comes with ubuntu
> Gutsy 7.10.
>
> Recent updates to orgmode seem to have "broken" a couple things I was
> used to  in earlier versions:
>
> 1. the tab -- when editing text under a bullet previously, hitting the
> tab key would auto-indent a line of text regardless of where the
> cursor was in that line.  Now, I need to place the cursor at the
> beginning of the line to do this, the same as I would do if I was
> editing in some plain text mode.

I cannot reproduce this.  Can you make a test case and describe
your steps more accurately?  Do you have any configuration
on the variable `org-cycle-emulate-tab'?

> 2. when scheduling/re-scheduling dates in either agenda view or an
> outline view, "C-c C-s fri" would re-schedule the event for the
> upcoming Friday.  Now I can still do "C-c C-s +5" if Friday is in 5
> days, but I have lost the 3-letter abbreviations for days of the week
> in this context.

This is a side effect of some other changes.  I agree that a plain
weekday abbreviation should be relative to today, not relative to the
default date (which in this case is the currently scheduled date
for the item.

I have fixed this in the GIT repo, to it will make its way
into the next release.  Thanks for catching this.

As a work-around until you get a better version, you can use "+fri".

- Carsten

@ 2008-05-07  6:25     ` David Kritzberg
From: David Kritzberg @ 2008-05-07  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

* Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> [2008-05-05 17:04:59 +0200]:

> Hi David,
>
> On May 5, 2008, at 11:03 AM, David Kritzberg wrote:
>
>> Hello Folks,
>>
>> I use orgmode primarily with the emacs 22.1.1 that comes with ubuntu
>> Gutsy 7.10.
>>
>> Recent updates to orgmode seem to have "broken" a couple things I was
>> used to  in earlier versions:
>>
>> 1. the tab -- when editing text under a bullet previously, hitting the
>> tab key would auto-indent a line of text regardless of where the
>> cursor was in that line.  Now, I need to place the cursor at the
>> beginning of the line to do this, the same as I would do if I was
>> editing in some plain text mode.
>
> I cannot reproduce this.  Can you make a test case and describe
> your steps more accurately?  Do you have any configuration
> on the variable `org-cycle-emulate-tab'?

No, I don't have any configuration related to org-cycle-emulate-tab.
Let me know if this works as a description:

Say I write

* this is an example
here is some te_

Now if my cursor is at the _ in the second line above, and I hit the
tab key, I would normally see this

* this is an example
  here is some te

But instead I see this

* this is an example
here is some te    _

Is that the kind of description you were looking for?

>> 2. when scheduling/re-scheduling dates in either agenda view or an
>> outline view, "C-c C-s fri" would re-schedule the event for the
>> upcoming Friday.  Now I can still do "C-c C-s +5" if Friday is in 5
>> days, but I have lost the 3-letter abbreviations for days of the week
>> in this context.
>
> This is a side effect of some other changes.  I agree that a plain
> weekday abbreviation should be relative to today, not relative to the
> default date (which in this case is the currently scheduled date
> for the item.
>
> I have fixed this in the GIT repo, to it will make its way
> into the next release.  Thanks for catching this.
>
> As a work-around until you get a better version, you can use "+fri".
>
> - Carsten

Thanks Carsten!

Dave
Dave Kritzberg