From: Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: Git repository
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:47:53 -0600	[thread overview]

When I was selecting a VC, I narrowed it down to Bazaar or Git. Being
a prior Arch user, Bazaar fixed most of my complaints while using the
same architecture.

I understand Git's got quite a following, and addresses many of the
same shortcomings of CVS that Bazaar and other distributed VC's
(darcs, mercurial, etc) do.

I have been curious what Git could offer over Bazaar, other than
optimization for large numbers of users checking out. I recall Linus
said that Bazaar was too slow. ;]

My requirements were easy branching and merging, plus no special
servers needed (ie: ftp/http/ssh).

Ironically, I rarely use VC with Org files, because most of my files
have a short lifespan (1 per project).